- 2 1/2 cups of walnuts or cashews soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup of dates soaked in hot water for 30 min
- 3/4 cup of cacao powder
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1/2 coconut butter / oil
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter (optional)
To make the cake:
- Pulse oats or walnuts into powder in a food processor;
- Add the dates and cacao powder and keep processing until it all starts to stick together;
- Press into the bottom of a spring form cake pan or adjustable pan (or line a pan with a cling film so that it goes over the edges of the pan).
- Put the mixture in the fridge.
To make the icing:
- Melt icing ingredients together until smooth;
- If it's watery; add more coconut oil or nuts;
- If it's too thick; add water or maple syrup;
- Pour the icing over the cake and place in the fridge for an hour.
Slice and enjoy! Why not decorating your cake with hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds.