Sports massage is a deep tissue massage that can be adapted by using different techniques to reduce soft tissue tension. Each treatment is tailored to meet the needs of the client.
Sports massage is especially effective for relieving tension from intensive exercise and sport injuries. When there is chronic muscle tension or injury the muscles become tight and ridged, this can cause pain limited movement and inflammation. Sports massage relieves this tightness and pain and repairs the damaged muscles.
Benefits of Sports massage include:
- Improve circulation
- Improve lymphatic drainage to help recover from strenuous activity
- Stimulate the neuromuscular system to improve coordination prior to sporting activity
- Improve flexibility
- Decreased muscle tension
- Reduction of pain and muscle soreness
- Facilitate healing and restore joint mobility
- Help remove lactic acid to reduce cramping.
Our therapist, Naomi Rasdall currently has an Active IQ level 3 in Sports Massage (soft tissue therapy) QCF.
As part of the gym membership we offer a discounted price to members of just £20 a session.
For more information and to book your apportionment contact the gym on 01202280108 or email INFO@IPPONFITNESS.COM